Understanding and complying with employment law is a major challenge for businesses with no dedicated HR manager. Taylor Walton’s Employment Law team can help you manage HR issues and get the most from your employees by guiding and building your awareness of the sensitivities around good HR practices and employment law.
We have many clients who have benefitted from our proactive approach. In particular we can help you:
- handle day-to-day HR issues
- formulate strategies to deal with HR issues affecting the operation of the business
- use the law to secure your business objectives and take your business forward
- ensure your business complies with current and future legislation.
The current economic climate is having a serious impact on all businesses and businesses are continually looking for ways to maintain an efficient cost effective workforce so that they can take advantage of any growth opportunities which come their way.
Having worked with businesses that do not have any in-house HR resource for many years we understand that you need prompt, practical, hands-on advice to help guide you and support you when dealing with day-to-day HR issues and plans to make future changes to your workforce.
We also know from working with such businesses that the two biggest HR management challenges they face are how to deal with sickness absence and how to deal with difficult employees. We can help you improve your supervision procedures by:
- understanding what is a reasonable level of sickness
- managing sick staff firmly but fairly and deal with the most challenging cases
- providing a checklist, timetables, draft letters and ongoing support and guidance when taking disciplinary action and dealing with grievances.
We believe in going the extra mile. We offer a comprehensive programme of regular free workshops, seminars and electronic bulletins on topical employment law issues, designed to support businesses that do not have the support from in-house HR.